For the purpose of the AppToPay credit application and assessment process financial dependents are anyone who relies on you financially for things like money, clothes or food. This might include children, relatives, spouses or friends.
This is a non-exhaustive list of examples to help you make the right statement in your AppToPay credit application.
- You are a single person with no children and no other person relies on your income. You have no financial dependents.
- You have a partner that has their own separate income from their own job, they do not rely on your income. You have no financial dependents.
- You are a single parent of a 5 year old child, your income is the primary source of funds to care for your child. You have one financial dependent under the age of 16.
- You and your partner both work, you have a child aged 17 and a child aged 12. Your income pays for most things in regards to the children and your partners income in secondary to yours. You have one financial dependent between 16 and 18, and one financial dependent under the age of 16.
- Your partner and yourself both work, you have 2 children aged under 16, your partners income is the primary income and pays for most things relating to your children. Your children do not rely on your income to live. You have no financial dependents.
- You work but your adult partner does not work, you both rely on your income to live. You have one adult financial dependent.
NOTE: Please be sure to submit only accurate information when submitting a credit application as the submission of any false information could be regarded as an attempt to commit fraud.